Today is my third day at Turquoise Barn, a bed&breakfast/art studio/organic garden/hostel/wonderful 3-person family in the New York Catskills. I'll be here for about three weeks working primarily in the garden, but also doing other odd jobs in the store (that sells jewelry, vintage clothes, candles, soaps, coffee, etc) AAAAND growing and eating and learning about the marvelous benefits of raw food via Michelle, a renowned "raw foodist."
Michelle runs everything mentioned above, which is a full time, high-stress job, so the organic garden has not received the attention it deserves in the past few months. This is good for me, as there is plenty of work to do, and I'll get to see all the work that goes into building it up.
I know it's scary....but it's really not as bad as it looks. There are LOTS of weeds, but look at it - it's huge! (this is only half of it). And the beds are already built up and the rows are nice and .... well, weed infested. So much potential! So much work!
No comments:
Post a Comment